Monday, August 16, 2010

American Made???

I was recently shopping at a neighborhood department store in search of an American Flag to replace my old and worn one that I have had for years. The store had a variety of flags in various sizes, and as I scoured the racks for just the right size I notice something odd. Every Flag that I came across had one thing in common.....they were all made in China. That's right, "Made in China".
I was shocked to see that the symbol of our country, the American flag that so many have died for, and the freedom that it represents, is made in a Communist country. I started looking at other items in this store and could not find anything in it that was made in America, how pathetic. This store also has a Grocery section as well, and as for the fruits and vegetables, they come from Mexico, South Africa, South America, Chile, and several other third world countries. When did we sell out?
The sad thing about the imports is some of them are American companies using cheap labor and high profits. I am all for capitalism and making money, but to cut the throat of the American Worker to save a dollar on labor cost is just plain greedy. I know the American Tax code gives breaks to large corporations to stay, but it doesn't give a darn about the Employee that has bills to pay or mouths to feed, The Employee that puts pride in the out come of the product that he\she helped produce.
The bottom line is a cheap product made in sweat shops by children for pennies a day to make a profit of thousands of dollars and the Hell with America. I try to purchase American made products whenever it is possible, unfortunately a lot of things are made overseas, especially electronics.
So when you go to the store for clothes, groceries, toys, etc, look for that tag that says "Made in U.S.A." and let's stop buying so much foreign products. When an American flag is made in the U.S.A. it's American, when it's made elsewhere, it's not an American Flag.

No comments:

Post a Comment